Thursday, January 29, 2009
My "buy price" on meat is $2.00 per pound. What do I mean by a "buy price"? I generally only buy meat (beef, chicken, pork, etc.) when it is $2.00 per pound for meat (excluding skin, bones, etc.) And, if I find meat on sale for $2.00 or less per pound, then to me, it is a good deal.
I do make an exception for chicken nuggets. According to my recent research in comparing Sam's Club to Costco, I can get Tyson white meat chicken nuggets for $2.40 and for their convenience (both in preparation and the fact that my children gladly gobble them up) I'll gladly pay the extra $.40 per pound.
Another "convenience" meat this week that I'm buying is Armour Meatballs at Kroger. This is part of the Mega Sale that is continuing this week at Kroger, but the Armour Meatballs have an added bonus. Buy 4 of the bags of meatballs included in the Mega Sale (4 for $10.00). When you combine those with 6 other items that are part of the Mega Sale (for a total of 10 Mega Sale items), you'll get $5.00 off your order - or $.50 per item. Then a $2.00 coupon off your next order should print out at the checkout stand. This coupon, aka "catalina", is a thank you from Armour for your purchase of 4 bags of meatballs. If you have any of the .55/1 coupons from recent inserts, you'll have some very cheap meatballs on your hands.
Here's the first deal I did:
Buy 4 16 oz bags of Armour Meatballs (I bought "original" because they do not contain egg or milk - YEAH!)
So that's...
$10.00 (4 bags* $2.50 each)
- $2.00 ($.50 per bag from Mega Sale)
- $2.00 ($.50 per bag from catalina)
= $6.00 for 4 bags or $1.50 for a pound of meatballs
Here are the additional savings if you have the Q's
- $4.40 (4 $.55/1 coupons - doubled for $1.10 off each bag)
NET: $1.60 for 4 bags or $.40 for a pound of meatballs
And that, my friends, is what I call a good deal for meat.
0 comments:
Post a Comment