Saturday, January 17, 2009
I went to The Fresh Market last night for the first time in a long time and I was once again impressed with the obvious quality of their fruits and vegetables. However, this time I was also impressed with their prices.
The best find was 6oz of fresh blueberries for $0.98. That's right, 98 cents for what Kroger is selling this week for $2.50 for 4 oz. This price is even cheaper per pound than you can find frozen blueberries at Sam's or Costco.
Other finds:
Organic Green Leaf Lettuce - $1.99 per head
Organic Braeburn Apples - $1.99 per pound (these are incredibly delicious!)
Slicing Tomatoes - $1.48 per pound (Surprise purchase in the middle of January, this was not only a good buy, but the tomatoes actually had color.)
I hope to be back at Fresh Market again soon. They're produce seems to be far superior in quality with local supermarkets and very comparable in price. Thanks for the tip, Stephanie!
photo from Kroger
0 comments:
Post a Comment